Re: How to backup

On 22/03/16 19:29, Neil McPhail wrote:
On 22/03/16 19:23, Gareth France wrote:
On 22/03/16 19:20, Neil McPhail wrote:
If you go in to your system settings, click "wifi" then press the little arrow next to your access point name, it will show your IP address.

BTW, you'll also need to make sure you log in as your phone user, so the correct syntax for my device just now would be "ssh://phablet@192.168.0.4"
You didn't mention I needed wifi on to do it. I was trying to use usb. It now says I do not have permission to access.

You had mentioned you could access you phone by SSH. I didn't realise you could do that over USB, beyond running phablet-shell. Have a look at https://gurucubano.gitbooks.io/bq-aquaris-e-4-5-ubuntu-phone/content/en/chapter1.html for how to enable for wifi. But if you have found a way to access over USB, you could use that, I'm sure.

NMP

The SDK allows you to access through a terminal window, but not the root directory.