Re: Simple backup script "buds"

El día Wednesday, March 30, 2016 a las 01:49:50PM +0100, Alan Pope escribió:

> Heya,
>
> The recent thread on "How to backup" the phone/device lead me to dig
> out the simple bash script I use to back my devices up. I tidied it up
> a little and have put it on-line. Feel free to use/fork/modify/port or
> whatever.
>
> It's provided as-is. No guarantee it actually backs up, or indeed can
> be restored, but it works for me. Patches/suggestions welcome :)
>
> https://github.com/popey/buds

Hi Alan,

Thanks for that.

Some hints/comments:

- the script should use /bin/sh, not all hosts have /bin/bash
- the script should somehow work with 'sudo' in the E4.5 because it
  can't pull out files owned by root below ~phablet (for example a
  chroot file system) as user phablet;
- the usage of df on the host is not portable (in my case to FreeBSD):
  20160330-151044 : Determine free space on current machine
  df: illegal option -- B
  usage: df [-b | -g | -H | -h | -k | -m | -P] [-acilnT] [-t type] [-,]
          [file | filesystem ...]

- it is good to save the click-list, but why on STDOUT; it'S enough to
  have it as file, I think;

- it should work on the M10 later too;

HIH and thanks again;

	matthias