Re: how do I change time zone?

On 04/04/16 11:24, Andrea Bernabei wrote:

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 9:01 AM, Alan Bell <alanbell@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:alanbell@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    my phone is in UTC+1 for some reason, it should know I am in the
    UK and do DST correctly.
    I go to Time & Date in the settings area, where I see my current
    zone is Etc/UTC UTC+1, it is set to pick up the time
    automatically, and it shows the time at the bottom as Monday, 4
    April 2016 08:57:43 BST which is spot on. In the notification bar
    and on the lock screen it says the time is 07:57, which is wrong.
    I figure it is the time zone, so I try to change that. It asks me
    for my current location and gives a rather silly list of cities
    rather than a list of zones, but whatever, I can find London (and
    City of London and London Borough of Harrow, which I am fairly
    sure doesn't have it's own distinct time zone) however I can't
    select it. I press on it and it goes orange, but then what? There
    don't appear to be any buttons, a long press does nothing, swipes
    in all directions do nothing, selecting different cities does
    nothing. Is it me or is this broken?

Hi Alan,

what OS update are you running? (see System settings -> About -> OS )
15.04 (OTA-9.1)
I'm running the rc-proposed channel (revision 305). and I have just verified that tapping on a city is enough to select it. Maybe a bug that got fixed?
maybe. I think I will file a bug about the content of the list, it is just rubbish, I want to search for "GMT" or "BST" or "UK" or "England" or even "UTC" and none of those return any results. Searching for London is completely unintuitive and unhelpful.