Phone got slower after OTA-10

My phone (bq Aquaris E5) got significantly slower and/or laggier after the OTA-10 update. For example:

 * *Long dragging from the**right edge to view open apps:* while doing
   so, the animation looks laggy, like a 10 fps one.
 * *Opening an app:* the splash-screen appears instantaneously, but the
   animated Ubuntu loading icon (orange cycle thingy) on the
   splash-screen appears about a second later. Splash-screens of
   core-apps like File Manager, Calendar, Document Viewer, Gallery,
   System Settings, Tasks, Weather, Contacts, Messaging, Phone,
   External Drives (but not Notes, Terminal) are completely white with
   only a header saying their names.
 * *Web browser:* switching between tabs, opening a new tab, closing a
   tab - everything feels laggy. Sometimes long scrolling feels jerky.

I didn't experience these things before this update. Tried restarting the device for 3-4 times, still no luck. Anyone else experiencing these issues? Any help/suggestion/comment will be appreciated.

With regards,
Anupam

Follow ups