Re: [Ubuntu-touch-coreapps] [Design] Splash-screen blank after OTA-10

Hi, thanks for your detailed response, it makes sense now.
Cheers,
Anupam

On Monday 11 April 2016 04:57 PM, Guillaume F wrote:
Hi,

What you noticed was actually already present before OTA-10. The only change (as far as a casual user like me can see) is in the spinner: it does not appear immediately.

I can't find the proper announcement when the new splash-screen with a header was introduced, but I'm pretty sure there was one explaining the rationale . You can also have a look at the developer documentation here (1).

The reason for the exceptions is that apps like Camera, Clock or Browser don't have the standard header, so showing a fake header in the splash screen is not a very good idea. That being said, Weather does this anyway, and Notes has a standard header but uses the default splash… So in the end, it's just a matter of taste.

Hope this answers your question!

Guillaume

(1) https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/start/platform/guides/splash-screens/