Re: Local copy of the SD reproduced movies

Hi Bill.

Yes, I was using the file manager as the gallery is very slow and not very
friendly searching the contents (i.e. can not select by folder).

As it seems the issue is clear, I will try the videos scope.

Thanks for your feedback!

Regards.
Marcos

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-filemanager-app/+bug/1518332

> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 9:28 AM, Bill Filler <bill.filler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>> Are you accessing the videos from File Manager and trying to open from
there? If so, that is the problem (actualy a bug in File Manager). When
clicking on the video from file manager it should request to open in
media-player not import via the content-hub.
>> To work around you can use the gallery or video scope. Both should show
the contents of the SD card and allow you to play the video without it
being copied
>> On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 8:22 AM, Marcos Alonso <corrosab@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi again guys.
>>>
>>> I often use the phone to watch movies thus I store these on the SD and
I play these with the media player (by the way, easier with OTA 10!).

>>> I have realized that when I do so, a local copy (...phablet/Videos) of
the movies is stored!

>>> I do not want to use the mobile memory to store such kind of data.
>>>
>>> Is that behaviour normal / needed?
>>>
>>> Can it be disabled?
>>>
>>> When I launched the media player from the command line that did not
happen.

>>> As well for some othe files and applications it has the same behaviour
(i.e. Local copies of txt files when opening with editor or so).