Re: Anyone else lose Slimport HDMI Output? Nexus 4 OTA-10.1

On 2016-04-14 04:27 PM, bruce wrote:
I have a Nexus 4 running OTA-10.1. I also have an older Acer monitor
with a DVI input. I use an Accel Slimport adapter, connect to an HDMI to
DVI adapter and connect that to my Acer monitor. This worked under
OTA-9.0 and 9.1. I didn't try it under 10.0. It no longer works under 10.1.

However, I can connect my phone via SlimPort adapter and a straight HDMI
connector to my SmartTV. Looks like making the transition from slimport
to hdmi to dvi is no longer supported.

Anyone else doing similar? If so, can you confirm? Is this a bug, or is
the conversion from slimport to hdmi to dvi no longer supported and I
need a new monitor?

I have had terrible luck with slimport adapters. They seem to be very picky about what cable they work with and what monitor they're attached to, and I have had some adapters just stop working entirely after some random amount of time. I have gone through a few adapters now.

This has been a source of frustration.