Very new to Ubuntu phone ...

Hi there .... I got my new Ubuntu phone yesterday. At the moment, I can't seem to do a lot with it at all. The terminal app won't download for me at all. It shows a download error.

I've installed the file manager app. The version on the Ubuntu store doesn't work at all. I got the qml source code to see what it is supposed to do, and the app doesn't show anything on the screen like it should. It simply exits without doing anything. I get no error messages or anything else.

Any thoughts please? I can't seem to do any of the things I want to do. If I plug the phone into a USB port, it shows only five directories: Documents, Pictures, etc. I can't get to anywhere else on the phone. Without a terminal, I can't really do a lot. Can anyone help please?

Regards,		Barry Drake

--
http://barrydrake.co.nr/

Follow ups