Re: control of the cam app from remote

On 17.04.2016 12:47, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Sunday, April 17, 2016 a las 10:06:53AM +0100, Wayne Ward escribió:
>
>> Join the ubupebblers group on telegram they will tell you details about
>> this feature :)
>
> I do not use telegram. I have pulled out the sources with
>
> $ bzr branch lp:rockwork
>
> and glanced through them. Re/ the cam, I do see only screen shoot support.
> But it seems in general that the control is done via dbus. The question
> now is, where is the documentation of the interface?

There is no documentation of the RockWork code. Also, the D-Bus
interface is merely an implementation-detail of the app, not intended to
be used by the users. Anyhow, it does not support taking pictures from
remote, so it's probably not of interest for you anyways.

Thinking about how to help you: I don't think there is any way to
trigger the camera via a shell script or something. The easiest thing
for me personally would be to create a small program for this. The
camera code for QML would be quite straight forward, some 10 - 15 lines
at max, mostly to be copy/pasted from the documentation. That app could
automatically start recording when launched so you could launch it from
remote via ssh or so. I know, not as easy as you'd hoped for, but if you
already know the way through the platform and maybe have had success
with a simple QML app already, it should be doable.

Good luck,
Michael