Re: Apps I would like ....

Hi All,

In fact, focusing in a SIP app doesn't look like the right approach. As
Scott mentioned, the telephony service has all the bits needed for
supporting SIP, and the natural solution would be to add a SIP account to
the phone, and handle it from the dialer-app with contacts integration.

As an initial approach it could be handled like a multi-SIM phone, while a
next phase should consider prioritized communication channels per contact
so that the phone is able to pick-up the default comm channel for a contact
when the user wants to make a call.

Last time I tried (more than a year ago), I was able to make my ubuntu
touch phone ring showing me an incoming SIP call. However the communication
channel wasn't established probably due to lack of codec support.

In short: I expect it to be almost there today, but haven't had time to
look at it again (may be it's "ready" to work now...).

Best Regards,
Felipe.