Aquaris M10 FHD Ubuntu Edition

 Hi,

I received an Aquaris M10 FHD Ubuntu Edition yesterday and so far I’m liking it. Here are my thoughts:

Lock screen:

I’ve set the lock screen to use a four digit passcode. I think that when a passcode has been selected the text box on the lock screen shouldn’t appear. It would be nicer to have some sort of swipe to unlock the same way as the Aquaris E5 does. Instead of a straight swipe I’d make use of the extra screen space and have the ubuntu logo, and you have to swipe around on of the three peoples “arms” to present the number pad.

Default Software:

Is there any way to uninstall some of the default software, or at least hide options on the app screen? I don’t want XChat installed, but holding the icon down doesn’t work. I think that showing Firefox, XChat, an LibreOffice on the touch interface kind of feels like the creators are trying to “fill the space” with any app they can. I’m happy to leave the software installed, but these are not touch apps.

Notification / Settings Bar:

It seems a bit strange that the tablet has got a huge screen, yet you have to scroll across to get to notifications. This is poor usability. When you pull down it should expand out to show all the icons needed.

On a side note, does anyone know what make the keyboard and mouse are that are on the front page of ubuntu.com(http://ubuntu.com)? I’d like to try and get hold of them.

--
Andy McCall

Follow ups