Re: Just how much can the M10 do?

On 21/04/16 19:35, Gareth France wrote:
I'm looking to use my tablet as a replacement for my laptop in day to day use as much as as practically possible. I'm planning to do a lot of software development work/experimentation in the near future, so will the SDK run on it? Can I develop Ubuntu touch apps on Ubuntu touch?

I am working on to port the SDK IDE and DevKit to .click package what can be used on a tablet or even on phone.

If you want to have a quick taste of what it will be like -> http://people.canonical.com/~bzoltan/com.ubuntu.sdk_26_armhf.click

But please not that the build and run features are still very much work in progress. It means :) they do not work yet.

The IDE itself ports perfectly to tablet/phone. The biggest challenge to tackle with is to port the whole Ubuntu toolchain to a confined click app. That is not easy. Also the IDE, (as it is an X app) runs on a Xmir session with its own window manager. So the dialogs and the menus look off from the nice and pretty Unity8.

In few weeks we will release the LXD based builder and that will work nicely on tablet/phone.

cheers

bzoltan