Re: Dekko IMAP save sent emails

On 2016-04-21 14:16, Roberto Resoli wrote:
> Il 28/03/2016 19:18, Matthias Apitz ha scritto:
>> On Monday, 28 March 2016 18:48:32 CEST, Louis Holbrook
>> <accounts@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> My phone crashed the other day and had to reset. I then discovered, upon
>>> configuring Dekko to my IMAP accounts again, that the IMAP and SMTP
>>> servers now are different "mailbox" entries in the program. Before I
>>> used to save my sent emails to a "sent-"folder in my IMAP account, but
>>> now I have to set up a separate SMTP server for the sending, which
>>> doesn't give me the folder list on the IMAP server for saving. In fact,
>>> it doesn't show anything in the "select folder"-choice, just a blank
>>> page.
>>>
>>> Are there some hidden tricks here one should know about?
>>>

>> I found the same when I installed a new device around 4 weeks ago; this
>> must be a new 'feature' (I would call it a bug); I could manage it with
>> copy over the files from my working E4.5;
>>
>> one should file a LP issue
>
> I hit this bug as well (configuring Dekko on my brand new m10 Tablet),
> and found this:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/dekko/+bug/1540149
>
> The bug was aknowladged by Dan Chapman, who provides a workaroud:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/dekko/+bug/1540149/comments/1

Thanks for that - I had the same issue and applying the work-around has cleaned things up.

Things are still not right, though. Outgoing mail is sent OK but not saved on the IMAP server, despite having set up a "Sent" folder.

My mailboxConfig.json looks like this (where <UUID> matches the only entry left in dekko.dekkoproject.conf):

-----
{
    "<UUID>": {
        "global": {
            "archive": {
                "enabled": false,
                "folder": "",
                "format": "monthly",
                "keepMboxStructure": false
            },
            "deleted": {
                "autoExpunge": false,
                "markRead": true,
                "moveToTrash": true,
                "preserveFlagged": false
            },
            "drafts": {
                "saveDraftInterval": 1000,
                "saveLocal": true,
                "saveToDrafts": false
            },
            "draftsMailbox": "",
            "sentMailbox": "Sent",
            "submission": {
                "allowRetries": false,
                "bcc": "",
                "cc": "",
                "includeBCC": false,
                "includeCC": false,
                "includeSignature": "always",
                "quoteOriginalMessage": true,
                "replyQuotePosition": "before",
                "saveToImap": true
            },
            "trashMailbox": "Trash"
        }
    }
}
-----

I can see the contents of the "Sent" folder just fine, and deleted mail is moved to the "Trash" folder as expected. I spotted a line in dekko.dekkoproject.conf, "saveToImapEnabled=false", but changing that setting to true had no effect.

I couldn't find a matching bug report - is this new, or just me doing something wrong?

MX4 - OTA-10.1 - Dekko 0.6.20.

Regards,
Jacob Nielsen

Follow ups