Re: [tablet] M10: how to enable alternative keyboard layout

El día Sunday, April 24, 2016 a las 08:59:55PM +0200, Alexey Balmashnov escribió:

> With the help of PaulfraaOSAA on #ubuntu-touch figured out how it "woks
> now":
> One keeps settings with external keyboard layouts open.
> When one needs to switch layout of external keyboard, [s]he "just"
> - switches to layout settings window
> - moves needed layout to top of the list
> - switches back to application window and continues typing...
>
> Well... Very very far from usable, especially for non-latin alphabet based
> languages.

I do not fully understand what you mean by "switching between layouts".
You have one external keyboard with a (hard) given layout and this
should be supported by the M10. Do you want define some virtual layout,
let's say, when I press 'a' it should give 'x', or something else?

I was (I am) in the same question: I have a normal QWERTY UK keyboard
and I want to write Spanish tilded chars, i.e. 'n' and 'ñ', but this
with some modifier key, for example typing Alt+'n' gives 'ñ'; I could
manage this to work (check the archives), but only for the terminal-app
until now, not for the other Mir apps.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
¡Dios querido denos otra vez los problemas de ayer, los que tuvimos en la RDA!