Re: (Aquaris M10) First Impressions/Experiences/Warnings/Questions/Suggestions

On 16-04-25 10:28 AM, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Monday, April 25, 2016 a las 04:07:31PM +0200, Michael Zanetti escribió:
>
>> Sure, at some point you will be able to install whatever desktop
>> application you want. Actually you can do that already right now. There
>> are some howtos on this mailing list. With some future update (I don't
>> know the exact timeline for it) there will be a ui for installing such
>> applications.
>
> I saw once a video about this and they said there will no cut&paste
> between such applications because the run in their own Mir container
> each. True?

Yes, it's true that each application runs its own XMir service.  Cutting and pasting between contained applications is
on the list of features to add, but it's never going to be like simply grabbing input from some other application's X
window (which is effectively how cut-and-paste works in X11 today).  The complication means it will be more secure, but
will take longer to develop and test.

--
Stephen M. Webb  <stephen.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>