NetworkManager and Wireless Display

Hey everyone,

we've just landed a big update for NetworkManager, our central network
managing component, and all bits to enable Wireless Display support in
Ubuntu Touch. All of these changes will be available in an image build
over the weekend and published to rc-proposed.

As we had to get everything in before the string freeze there are some
bugs left we will fix over the the next days:

* The one major feature that's not reliable with NM 1.2 is hotspot.
Debugging has shown that the issues are currently with the code in
indicator-network that configures/enables hotspot.  We're actively
working in this and should have a fix for this soon.

* VPN also has not been heavily tested, however we're also planning on
uploading a newer version of the openvpn plugin next week which should
bring us up to par with xenial.

* Also we have a list of remaining bugs for Wireless Display support. In
detail these are

https://bugs.launchpad.net/aethercast/+bug/1574444
https://bugs.launchpad.net/aethercast/+bug/1566674
https://bugs.launchpad.net/aethercast/+bug/1576613

We're working actively on fixing them and will get them all done for the
OTA 11 release.

* The documentation at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/DisplayCasting
about how to use Wireless Display needs updating now that everything has
landed.

* NOTE: Even if we have Wireless Display support now in our generic
Ubuntu Touch images it will be only enabled on the Meizu MX Pro 5 aka turbo.

regards,
Simon