Re: [tablet] confused after connecting M10 to monitor via HDMI.

not desktop mode, there's another mode some call touchpad mode when you connect to a tv or external monitorTed

      From: Pat McGowan <pat.mcgowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 To: Ted Chappell <tedechappell@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2016 4:28 PM
 Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] [tablet] confused after connecting M10 to monitor via HDMI.

It should automatically go into desktop mode when the monitor is connected.There is a toggle on the system indicator to change modes.
On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 11:17 AM, Ted Chappell <tedechappell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

what is the command to tell the tablet to use an external monitor and go into that mode (and to turn it off that mode)?  i saw a post somewhere showing a command to work with an external monitor.  i also have an adapter and the adapter and cord work fine with my surface 2 tablet so i know they work.  also with the m10, if i plug to a tv works fine because it recognizes a connection and goes into external monitor mode.
thanks,Ted