Re: Nice to see you, to see you Nice.

On Thu, 2016-05-05 at 17:42 +0100, Alan Bell wrote:
> Am I right in my thinking here? Can nice values fix this kind of
> problem
> - having apps at a lower priority than the operating system bits of
> the UI?

I don't think priorities will really help here. All of those apps in
the background should be paused anyway, due to the application
lifecycle. They aren't eating up CPU time or I/O. However, they are
still occupying RAM.

It would be nice (heh) to know what the real cause is, there.
Increasing priority of unity8 will give it CPU and I/O when it's
needed, but the issue here seems to be something else (unless there's a
bug causing the app lifecycle to not work right on the tablet, or it
was intentionally broken).

Any bugs found here should be filed and fixed of course, but I think
it's unrelated to process priority.