Landing team 11.05.16

Hello everyone,

OTA-11 still not ready for an rc, but all the required fixes are staged
in silos so we might expect to be good for a release candidate spin
tomorrow. Bad news is all this might also impact the release date,
possibly by a week. Well, sometimes issues like this cannot be easily
avoided.

No use mentioning the changes that are landing right now as all those
are for the blocking issues for OTA-11 (so usually for recent
regressions). We should be resuming landings for OTA-12 pretty soon though.

Today we also promoted all the OTA-10.1 images to the stable channels.
That being said, as Pat noticed a few moments ago, currently our IDE
does not list the proper channels that we support for the emulator.
We're always providing two different emulator devices - an arm one and a
x86 one. The x86 emulator is of course much faster, but the only
channels providing that one officially are the ubuntu-touch/*/ubuntu
channels (for stable this means ubuntu-touch/stable/ubuntu). This is the
generic_x86 device. All the other channels only have the generic - armhf
based emulator as we do not have x86-based custom tarballs in the
customized channels.
The bq-aquaris.en stable channel does have a generic_x86 device present
right now but it's not really a valid image (and greatly outdated) - a
left-over from the past. We will be removing it not to confuse our
developers.

Anyway, we have notified the SDK team and will make sure the proper
channels are listed in our emulator IDE as soon as possible.

Cheers!

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#330 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/krillin/330.commitlog

#324 rc-proposed/vegetahd
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/vegetahd/324.commitlog

#322 rc-proposed/arale
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en/arale/322.commitlog

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/ReleaseSchedule
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://lists.launchpad.net/landing-team-changes/
https://lists.launchpad.net/landing-team-changes+1/

* Blocking issues (stable):

** activeFocus not being forwarded to TextInput inside TextField
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1545802

** no trust prompt appearing in clock or weather app after images on the
4th of may
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1578665

** network-manager 1.2 uses more power
https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1579915

** OpenVPN not working with NM 1.2
https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1579222

** Hotspot not working with NM 1.2
https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1579221

** OpenSSL security update
https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1579163

** Custom tarball updates
https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1575372

** ComboButton is not propagating the click event
https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1580627

** initial WebView geometry incorrect when launched on screen with
dynamic grid units
https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1575216

* Blocking issues (devel):

** devel-proposed - android lxc container fails to start
https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1551150
 -> Worked-around by reverting lxc in xenial and yakkety

* Issues in need of attention:

None.

Best regards,

--