M10 in Borneo...

Hi folks, quick update on using this awesome tablet - am on the island of Borneo (Kalimantan, Indonesia) with a theatre project deep in the heart of the island. Have taken the M10 with me and am loving it. Not quite a desktop replacement, but very close at this stage - most days I don't need to open my laptop, and can do most of my work on this device. It's been invaluable to have something I can easily transport to different areas, take pictures (camera app), write notes (Notes App), Email, Telegram contacts, check translations - highly useful. For those interested, here's a link to our project blog: www.orang-utan.com.au/category/project-updates

I don't have much time for bug reports, but if it's useful, here's some feedback:

1. Overall, awesome device!
2. Sync works beautifully with Syncthing, however have had to use an unconfined version - currently not enough usability with the default system not to have an unconfined sync app of some description (Owncloud, SyncThing, etc.). Currently I'm syncing between a laptop, phone (Ubuntu), and server. 3. Libreoffice on this is awesome! To get the most functionality however, I've needed to bind mount folders where I keep our project data (on the sdcard) - would be great in the future if there was an easier way to do this 4. Calendar and contacts sync works great through Owncloud & syncevolution - have not needed to make my device writable for this. 5. Looking forward to the lag being fixed in the gui, particularly when in Desktop mode.

Thanks again people - am enjoying the ride, and looking forward where this system goes next.

Mitchell

--
Sent using Dekko from my Ubuntu device