Re: Store username/password

Hi!

if you are the owner of the web service, I would suggest to change the
authentication to token-based. If its a third-party service, then you might
probably want to check if the service supports a more secure way to
authenticate/login. If the web service really only supports basic
authentication and you don't want to deal with Online accounts, then I
guess you could write username/password so a sqlite database. I know its
ugly but a little bit less uglier than just writing to a plain text file.

Here are some simple JS helpers[1] that I wrote for my purpose but you can
easily adapt that for your usecase.

[1]
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~om26er/ubuntu-soundcloud-app/trunk/view/head:/UbuntuSoundcloudApp/DbHelpers.js#L10

Thanks!