He called my bluff!

When I put in my pre-order for the M10 tablet I very publicly announced that I will leave my laptop at home and the tablet will be my main machine from now on, knowing full well there was a fair chance it would just be a gadgetty fad quickly resigned to the top drawer of my desk. I had nothing to lose, after all if it didn't work out I just go back to my laptop.

I am now writing this on 'what is left' of my £500 laptop after my toddler in a fit of temper decided to drag all 17" of it off the kitchen worktop and let it smash onto the floor! Although technically working I personally would say it requires two hinges in order to be truly portable. Carrying around a small wall to rest the screen against will be one hell of a pain!##

So I guess I'm 100% committed to the convergence cause, for better or for worse.

Follow ups