Re: [Re-devel] Fwd: Re: sip softphone

El día Saturday, May 28, 2016 a las 05:02:16PM +0200, Dmitrij D. Czarkoff escribió:

> Depends on what you are using for audio.  I guess it is pulseaudio, so
> you should read about setting pulseaudio up to provide ALSA interface.
> Another option would be to use OSS [emulation?].  Your build log says
> you have it:
>
> >   CC [M]  build-arm/modules/oss/oss.o
> >   LD [M]  oss.so
>
> Corresponding settings in "~/.baresip/config" are "audio_player",
> "audio_source" and "audio_alert".
>
> You will have to figure out your audio setup anyway though:  different
> hardware support different audio "modes", and conversion between them
> may be lossy, and you don't have much power to waste on your phone
> anyway.

I have configured 'oss' in ~/.baresip/config and can make a call to
SIP echo service:

phablet@ubuntu-phablet-bq:~$ ./baresip.sh
baresip v0.4.19 Copyright (C) 2010 - 2016 Alfred E. Heggestad et al.
Local network address:  IPv4=wlan0:192.168.2.102
ui: stdio
aucodec: PCMU/8000/1
aucodec: PCMA/8000/1
aufilt: vumeter
ausrc: oss
auplay: oss
medianat: stun
medianat: turn
medianat: ice
uuid: loaded UUID d70ff190-2657-525b-6455-9d7a687a4acc from file
/home/phablet/.baresip/uuid
Populated 1 account
Populated 2 contacts
Populated 2 audio codecs
Populated 1 audio filter
Populated 0 video codecs
Populated 0 video filters
baresip is ready.
lapitz@xxxxxxxxx: {0/TCP/v4} 200 OK (ser (3.3.0-pre1 (i386/linux))) [1 binding]
All 1 useragent registered successfully! (375 ms)

>                             echo
call: connecting to 'sip:echo@xxxxxxxxx'..
call: SIP Progress: 100 Trying (/)
call: SIP Progress: 100 Trying (/)
audio: Set audio decoder: PCMU 8000Hz 1ch
audio: start_player failed (.): No such file or directory
audio: Set audio encoder: PCMU 8000Hz 1ch
audio: start_player failed (.): No such file or directory
audio: start_source failed (.): No such file or directory
sip:echo@xxxxxxxxx: session closed: No such file or directory

monitoring it with strace shows, that baresip tries to open files without any
file name for the sound devices:

open("", O_WRONLY)                      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("", O_WRONLY)                      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("", O_RDONLY)                      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

When I look into the source
myRoot/home/phablet/baresip/modules/oss/oss.c
it seems that the name it passed as const char *device, but as an empty
string (that's why it is not substituted by "/dev/dsp" which isnt there
either in my phone);

I'm a bit clueless :-(
But near to make a call :-)

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
"Die Verkaufsschlager des Buchmarkts geben Auskunft über den Zustand einer Gesellschaft bzw.

Follow ups