Re: Spotify support in native Ubuntu Music app

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 4:26 AM, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On 15 June 2016 at 20:18, Alan Pope <alan.pope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi Krzysztof,
>>
>> On 15 June 2016 at 17:22, Krzysztof Tataradziński <ktatar156@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> > some time ago I read here [1] that
>> > " It's also interesting to note that Ubuntu devs are also working on
>> > Spotify integration, but that might take a while."
>> > Is that truth? Is there any site at launchpad.net or somewhere else
>> > where we can track progress of this feature?
>> >
>> > [1]
>> http://news.softpedia.com/news/ubuntu-phone-music-app-is-getting-more-features-spotify-support-a-possibility-494767.shtml
>> >

>> We built a prototype which was based on an older (now deprecated)
>> Spotify API. We always intended Spotify to be just one of a number of
>> services which could be supported in the app. The idea being that
>> developers could contribute support for other music platforms which
>> are popular to them or in their region - given not everyone can get
>> Spotify (or Pandora, Soundcloud etc).
>>
>> Spotify is a bit of a trickier one than most, so that's on hold for
>> the short term. Right now we're looking at other options including
>> OwnCloud/NextCloud & local LAN music playback. If developers are
>> interested in helping here, especially if there's some service you
>> think we should integrate, which you can assist with, that would be
>> awesome.
>>

> I am a developer interesting in helping.  I've been actively coding
> prototypes in this area.  My main language is JavaScript, as I need to
> leverage modules in node.  How can I learn more?

Can you be a little more specific? What parts do you want to help with and
I assume that you're wanting to help bring about Spotify support to Ubuntu
Touch? Do you want to get your hands really dirty on backend stuff or would
you rather help the music-app team with the frontend/UI integration work?