Re: Battery issue

Hi all!

This bug has been present in UT for a long time, not all devices reproduce the same behaviour but is a well known issue. For the time being, charging your UP while it is powered off and make full charges without using it is the best way to improve the user experience regarding the battery life.

What feels more annoying is the fact of finding your phone powered off when it had enough battery last time you checked it. The battery statistics and indicator trick us sometimes, letting us think it will work for many more hours. This battery bug was also present on Krillin/Vegeta Android firmware and was solved with continious firmware updates(not a single patch).

Since Krillin/Vegeta have no hardware for battery measure, the goal is to correctly read the battery level from kernel, what seems to be the root cause of this bug, you'll find more info and updates about it here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1471913

We all hope and trust that this bug will be fixed :)

Cheers,