Re: How to install SDK?

On 07/08/2016 08:15 AM, Roman Shchekin wrote:
Hello

I want to add one question: when new SDK (with LXD containers) will be released? Should I wait a little for it or it is long-term target?
We are about to release the first RC. So it should be already ready enough to use.

Check out the blogposts about it:

https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/blog/2016/06/14/calling-testers-new-ubuntu-sdk-ide-post/
https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/blog/2016/06/28/new-ubuntu-sdk-beta-release3/

I'd suggest to use the RC version right away when starting from scratch. If we don't hit anymore blocker issues we should be able to release it very soon. Watch the developer blog for announcements about it.

Cheers,

Benjamin

    I've reinstalled my pc from scratch after a hard drive upgrade. To
    get myself up and running for development what should I do? I had
    the SDK installed before but it never really worked. So should I
    install through the software centre or should I use some sort of
    PPA? Also which framework should I be using these days?

    Thanks

    <https://launchpad.net/%7Eubuntu-phone>
    <mailto:ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>