Re: Pokemon Go

I have the production BQ 4.5 phone, with the inverted selfie camera, hopefully fixed in OTA12 https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1567542 and the utterly broken location services
https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1567542
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/location-service/+bug/1554604

the only way to get a location is to use a moving dot map application and wait and wait for a fix, then you can go to your other location aware thing so it doesn't give out a spectacularly stale location.

and of course, almost broken mobile data (need to flip in and out of airplane mode all the time to turn data on and wait and wait for it to reconnect)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/1565717

If mobile data worked, and location services got out of the way of the GPS and the camera was the right way up, it would be a really good platform for doing stuff. As it is I have been putting off a customer project for ages, and I am probably going to have to recommend Android for it, because the Ubuntu Touch location services cache is just not acceptable. If there was just a toggle somewhere saying "never ever give a cached location older than 1 minute" then it would be so much better. Imagine using Pokemon go on this platform and suddenly the Pokemon you think is in front of you suddenly moves to a different city because it is really where you were yesterday!

Alan.