Notice! rc-proposed powerd regression, please upgrade!

Hello everyone!

As already mentioned on the mailing list, the recent nightly
rc-proposed images had a regression in power management. This has now
been fixed and the next rc-proposed image should be good - please
update as soon as you see an update notification.

Now for the explanation: as mentioned in the landing e-mail, we had to
revert the recent repowerd landing. The repowerd package provided a
virtual powerd transitional package to make sure it replaces the
existing powerd. We removed repowerd from the overlay (as part of the
revert), but this caused Launchpad to think that there no longer is a
binary package called powerd in the PPA - even though the old powerd
(providing the powerd binary) was still there as it was before. So the
builder when building the image pulled in a very ancient powerd from
the main vivid archives instead, causing complete breakage.

We fixed that and re-built a new image. Please upgrade and check if
things are working back again as they did before.

We apologize for the inconvenience. This is the risk of using
rc-proposed though: you never know when things will break down. We try
to react ASAP, but some things can be only tested/seen on images that
are published. As always we recommend using the stable channels
instead.

Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
 Foundations Team
 lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx