Re: Fwd: Re: Memory..

On 16-07-16 00:52, francisco mulas caracuel wrote:
---------- Mensaje reenviado ----------
De: fmulcar@xxxxxxxxxx
Fecha: 16/7/2016 12:44 a. m.
Asunto: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Memory..
Para: Eran Benjamin <obelisk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

    The bq e5 and bq e4.5 is very good whit android.
    Games and apps run ok whit 1g ram.
    The ubuntu touch is very slow,and no optimizatión.
    Return android and second life for this phones.

I run Ubuntu desktops laptops since 06.10, they started for me as a replacement for XP and progressed to a very mature OS for both servers and especially desktops.

My Ubuntu desktop and laptop uses modern storage such as ISCSI and ZFS/XFS file systems for home folder, runs multiple VM machines standard, can connect to both Mac and Windows network shares, and read their physical disks when needed. It comes with many apps for all my media editing and viewing needs. And most of all, it runs Team Fortress 2, Civilization 5 and OpenTTD even better than Windows!

One thing Canonical does well, is progressively improve.

In 5-10 years, my phone HW will be capable of taking over many tasks that my desktop currently runs, but I need a good distro to run it, and for some reason(s) I don't see or want Android replacing my PC OS.

I will stick around a bit longer because one day, my phone might be able run Team Fortress 2 over an ISCSI target while processing edited videos in OpenShot in the background and watching a movie on Kodi or Netflix on the second screen. Maybe also running IOS or Android VM or two...

Till then, I consider it in development.

Actually, IMHO this should be the long term road map for Ubuntu-Touch :-)