Re: volume icon mute

Hi,
I think the mute button doesn't have the same function than before.

Now when you use it, all sounds from the phone are cut and  the indicator
is turning red when you try to play a sound with mute enabled.
Before that the silent mode button was just cutting call/sms/notifications
sounds (let's see this bug for example
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ux/+bug/1483890)

Personally I prefer it like now. It avoid some involuntary playing sounds
when you don't want to.
Could it be possible to have both ? (A silent mode option in notification
panel and a mute option in sound panel)

That said, I Have not tried yet to set a wakeup alarm with mute option
enabled. I think that it should not cut the alarm sound. If yes, we should
have an option in alarm app to set special alarms with very high priority
and not impacted by the mute option.

*Bien cordialement,*

*Alexandre Payet*