Re: What is safe to delete

Hi

On 04.08.2016 22:01, Krzysztof Tataradziński wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've started fighting with bug
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1592412
> good news is that I have access to all /* folders and files. I'm
> thinking about removing whole kernel and others files. Does 'rm -fr /'
> safe? Will my phone boot into fastboot after that, and next (after
> flashing recovery) install UT? Does UT rom installed by
> sudo ubuntu-device-flash touch --channel=ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu.en
> --device arale
> contain all files needed (kernel, dev, etc.)?

I don't think you should do that. This will not fix your issue and
probably cause troubles. You can try to reflash, but do not manually
delete the files first (flashing will delete all the things for you, use
--wipe for that).

If it is true what that bug says, that you had android on the device and
this feature was enabled with that, my best guess would be to flash
android again, disable it in there, and flash back to Ubuntu. Sounds
like this setting is kept in some chip-memory where we don't have the
tools (or information) on how to change it.

Good luck,
Michael