Re: HD Voice on BQ Aquaris 4.5

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Jim Hodapp <jim.hodapp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> It does not presently support HD Voice (I assume you mean VoLTE). We've
> discussed adding support for it but so far have not worked on an
> implementation yet.

This is not necessarily VoLTE, you can have voice HD with 3G, by using
AMR-WB as codec. But you need it to be supported by your operator and you
device, at the modem FW level. Currently I only know of Orange having
deployed this is some countries, only for some devices, and only for calls
between Orange subscribers. Now that operators are starting to deploy VoLTE
it is doubtful that voice HD will become popular anytime.

To answer the original question, no, the bq Aquaris 4.5 does not support
voice HD calls and will not in the future as we would need support for that
in the modem firmware, not in the OS.