Camera issues after libertine installation

Hi to all.

I need again your support.

After deciding to install libertine on my bq E5, I have started to have
some issues with (at least) the camera and the gallery applications.

Basically, these applications do no longer open.

When launched from the application scope, they show the initialization
sceen and then just closes(without any notification, etc). When launched
from the shell, they stay on the initialization screen till I kill them.

I have uninstalled libertine but does not solve the issue.

I have tried to flash the phone with the ubuntu-flash-device and, after
solving the typical concerns (adb connection, boot was not in recovery
mode, unknown device during flash (krillin) etc.) I got stuck.

During the flash (ubuntu-device-flash touch
--channel=ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en --device=krillin), I got the
error "mkdir /root/.cache: permission denied".

I have tried to change the directory permissions but no success.

Does any of you know how to get information of what is producing the
malfunction on the applications or how to "reinstall" OTA12?

Any help is very welcome as I would not like to lose my phone
data/configuration by flashing!

Thanks in advance.
Marcos

Follow ups