Re: Switching into desktop mode

The latest logic switches to Windowed mode when a mouse or touchpad is
available (not based on having an external monitor), so your Nexus 4 should
switch because its acting as the pointer.  However it also checks that the
width of the screen is at least 60 grid units, which in this case is only
1080 pixels. I believe there is similar logic to decide whether to display
the Desktop mode toggle in the session indicator based on screen width.

 It is working properly for me but you can file a bug at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8, perhaps the screen
resolution isn't being detected properly since you get neither windows or
the toggle. Try with another screen if you can.

Pat