Re: Resize and Move Windows in Xapps

Hi Stefan,

On Saturday, September 3, 2016 10:44:50 PM MSK, Stefan Kamps <stefan.kamps@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

for some days now I try to use my M10 FHD tablet to edit pictures (on screen, i.e. without an external monitor). I tried the preinstalled GIMP editor and also installed gthumb and shotwell in a libertine container. All Xapps work in principle, but practically are hard to use. The problem with all these programs is that when you open a sub-window, e.g. to change the brightness of a picture, the new sub-window has the width of the full screen and in most cases covers the lower half of the screen so that you can no longer see the picture which you want to edit.

I didn't find any way to resize or move windows in Xapps.

Does anybody know such a way or should I file a bug?

It's a limitation of libertine. If you switch to desktop mode, you'll be able to launch different Xapps in separate windows, but all subwindows are displayed inside parent window.

As you, I'd like too see it fixed soon, though it seems not to be on libertine bugtracker [1]. As I understand, it means it's either not actually related to libertine (e.g. is a Mir bug) or wasn't yet reported.

I attached a screenshot from GIMP so that you can more easily understand my problem.

Best regards,

Stefan

Regards,
Andrew