Re: Thread on Hacker News

I wasn't aware of the etiquette, and was emailing from my phone. Copying
and pasting is a little laborious so I copied both urls from a tweet -
hence the shortened urls.

A front page story on HN can be a significant driver of Web traffic so I
thought it worth posting both links quickly.

I'll observe the etiquette in future.

On 6 Sep 2016 11:41 a.m., "Nathan Haines" <nhaines@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 09/06/2016 02:56 AM, padraic stack wrote:

> Thought people might be interested in this:
> https://t.co/B1exFdmB88
> https://t.co/Xm0MQdFLKB

It's polite to give any kind of description on what to expect when posting
links.  It's downright rude to use link shorteners with no context.

The first link is a comment on YCombinator, discussing an article.  The
second link is the article in question.

The article discusses in some detail the experience of developing for
Ubuntu phones using the SDK, and describes his problems with the inadequate
Ubuntu documentation.  He also provides as many solutions as he has been
able to find:

http://zxstudio.org/blog/2016/04/06/experience-ubuntu-touch-development/

The post is overall positive, and he provides links to help interested new
developers find their footing.

The YCombinator comments don't seem to be related, and are just sort of
man-on-the-ground comments, although there only appears to be one Ubuntu
device user, and he isn't happy (but seems hopeful for improvements):

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=12433739

Worth taking a look at.

--
Nathan Haines