Re: Spotify, Vimeo and Youtube issues

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 10:09 AM, André Fettouhi <a.fettouhi@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I have been using my Meizu MX4 with Ubuntu Touch since July last year as
> my main phone and Ubuntu Touch has gotten considerably better over that
> past 15 months or so but there are some issues regarding multimedia
> playback simply don't work.

Hi André,

> 1. Youtube: Under the music and Video scope the is a section showing the
> most popular youtube videos right now. If one clicks one of these you a
> larger preview of the video along with a description. Then you can click
> the preview and the browser opens up and the video starts. This han't
> worked since OTA-8 or OTA-9. Right now if you click one of these popular
> videos then you just get a white screen. Is there a bug report on this
> somewhere?

mmm...not sure, have you tried searching for it on Launchpad?

> 2. Vimeo: As of OTA-13 adding an account doesn't work. If you try to add a
> Vimeo account to your accounts Ubuntu Touch tries to load up the login
> screen but then it freezes (not the whole phone just the settings app).

 Would you mind reporting a bug? https://bugs.launchpad.net/
canonical-devices-system-image

3. Spotify: At MWC I think Canonical showed of a prototype of the Music
> with Spotify integrated. Is that coming anytime soon?

 I don't have an update on that, let's see if others have more info :)

> Finally the whole scope system seems rather clonky in respect to
> multimedia playback since it just launches the browser in the end. We need
> more stuff running directly in the scopes like with Soundcloud.
>
> Sorry for sounding a bit ranty...
>
> Regards

Cheers,
Andrea