Indicator Improvments

Hi,

Since we also have an on-going thread about the network/sim indicator issue, I would just like to somehow open a discusion about indicators on relation to the said issue.

Few months back, I remember I read somewhere that they are planning to hide the notification icon when there's no notification in the list. Is that idea trashed already? For me it make sense to do it. Most of the time when I lend my phone to someone and return it to me, they say that I have a notification when in fact I don't. It's just that envelope icon is always there which in other platforms connotes a new notification.
I think this is applicable to other icons/indicator.
Some are already hidden when inactive like bluetooth and location but I believe the following can also have the same behavior.

* Notification - No sense to visit this indicator when the list is empty
* Wifi - Currently you can't distinguish if the wifi is off or just simply not connected. * Network Signal - In tablets this is always hidden but for phones they should be hidden when no sim card is detected.

Hiding these icons/indicators when inactive can improve the already crowded top part of our beloved system.

This is just my opinion and suggestion 😝
Well aside from my old suggestion to have a settings similar to windows' taskbar where you can set which icons will be always displayed and which to hide when inactive.

Sorry for the long mail 😅

--
Sent using Dekko from my Ubuntu device