Re: Unable to reflash, please help!

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 10:24 PM, Gareth France <
gareth.france@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am really struggling at the moment, following on from all the strange
> faults my phone has developed I tried to reflash it but it won't work. The
> command I am using is:
>
> *ubuntu-device-flash touch --channel ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en
> --recovery-image recovery-krillin.img*
>
> the recovery-krillin.img file is present in the current directory but the
> terminal just ends with this:
>
> 2016/09/29 22:07:46 Rebooting into recovery to flash
> Failed to enter Recovery
>
> Can anyone help me?

Hi Gareth,

I believe the recovery image only gets flashed when you flash from fastboot
mode using --bootstrap (WARNING: THAT WILL WIPE YOUR DATA).

If you don't mind wiping your data you could try with --bootstrap and
--recovery-image.

I think the problem is your current recovery does not have the adb daemon
so your laptop fails to connect (although this is just my guess).

Cheers,
Andrea