Disable and enable notifications from command line

Hi,

I find myself using telegram more and more often these days, and during the day, most of my typing there is done from my desktop.

The annoying part is that my Ubuntu phone keeps getting new message notifications, despite the fact that I'm also getting the notifications on the desktop.

Yes, there is not much I can to to address that issue, since it's most likely a protocol thing. So I thought of a workaround.

Since we can now control which apps get to display notifications, what I would like to do is wrap my telegram desktop client in a script that when run will ssh into the phone and disable notifications for telegram there. After this is done, it would be easy to extend to re enable them on exit (and eventually think of other corner cases, such as crashes of the desktop client, etc.).

So, my question is - is there some way to enable and disable specific app notifications from the CLI?

Thank you in advance.

Francisco

Follow ups