Re: Music player and file manager are dead

      From: Christoph Schulz <ch.schulz@xxxxxxxxxx>
 To: ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Sent: Thursday, October 6, 2016 8:23 PM
 Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Music player and file manager are dead

Am Dienstag, den 04.10.2016, 08:59 +0000 schrieb Marcin Xc:
> Can You tell me how did You do it so that I didn't have to play in
> bash(file manager doesn't work either:-))? I can't execute any more
> operation on the player.

My App started so far that I could empty with the trash icon. But see
below.

> At the moment it opens and freezes as I wrote and behaves as if I
> opened a .jpg image. I'd have to start the app with an other view as
> Tracks so that it doesn't start to load. I can see in the logs that
> it hangs somewhere on reading the 354 titles that I have.
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/23274106/

I don't think the song count is a problem (I have 939 titles).

Just out of curiosity, could you try that, in the terminal app or
ssh[1]:

(The >>> is the python3 prompt)

$ python3
>>> import mpris2
>>> uri = next(mpris2.get_players_uri())
>>> player = mpris2.Player(dbus_interface_info:{'dbus_uri': uri})
>>> player.Play()
>>> exit()

At player.Play() your Music should be start playing. (Your log looks
like the App has an loaded playing queue.)

Maybe you also could try to empty the Queue from the App's database.
>From terminal app or ssh:

$ cd .local/share/com.ubuntu.music/Databases
$ tail *.ini
$ # locate the ini with "name=music-app-metadata", i.e.
b01631344d4b1a36d6dec3179aff8784.ini
$ sqlite3 b01631344d4b1a36d6dec3179aff8784.sqlite "DELETE FROM queue;"

P.S. Do not top-post[2], use interleaved style, makes it easier to
read.

[1] https://gurucubano.gitbooks.io/bq-aquaris-e-4-5-ubuntu-phone/conten
t/en//chapter1.html
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post

Hi,Sorry for a late reply and many thanks for help!
Python3 throws out an ImportError "No module named 'mpris2' ".
sqlite3 b01631344d4b1a36d6dec3179aff8784.sqlite "DELETE FROM queue;"
makes some job- the app loads one step further and then crashes :-)

media-hub log: paste.ubuntu.com/23364315