Tethering with Nexus 4 mako

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone has figured out how to use Nexus 4 (mako)
for tethering the internet connection. These are the options as I see them:

1. Wifi tether: some time ago I got a response on IRC that it's
blacklisted because it doesn't work on mako; and I confirm that I see no
such option in settings.

2. USB tether: I change USB mode in TweakGeek from media to network;
connect to laptop using USB cable; my Ubuntu 16.04 recognizes network
device, tries to establish network connection for few minutes and
eventually gives up.

3. Bluetooth tethering: I don't know how that's possible at all.

So, has anyone succeeded in any way? Or do bugs already exist (I
couldn't find them) for these features?

Thank you!

Follow ups