Re: Unity8 Desktop Session

On 2016-11-04 06:31 PM, Mitchell Reese wrote:
> Still on 16.04 for my desktop - keen to try out the latest Unity8 Desktop session for testing, which I have installed.
> Is there a way I can have the same experience for unity8 on 16.04, as if I updated to 16.10?

Yes: add the Stable Overlay [1], then install the unity8-desktop-session package.

If you're patient, a Unity 8 snap is just around the corner.  While it's not exactly the same as Unity 8 on 16.10, it's
certainly bleeding edge.  Nothing says you can't do both, but snaps are less invasive of your installed system.

[1] https://launchpad.net/~ci-train-ppa-service/+archive/ubuntu/stable-phone-overlay

--
Stephen M. Webb  <stephen.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>