[libertine] install package in container fails with permission denied

Hi,

I would like to install a vnc viewer on my Aquaris M10. I thought I install
Remmina to the existing puritine container with:
libertine-container-manager install-package -p remmina
But it fails with:
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (13: Permission
denied)
E: Unable to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (13: Permission
denied)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), are you
root?
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (13: Permission
denied)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), are you
root?
How can I install a package in the container? Or can anyone suggest a
workaround to this problem?

I tried to start bash in the container:
export DISPLAY=:0 && libertine-launch -i puritine bash
But it failed too:
pasted: QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display :0
phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ matchbox: can't open display! check your DISPLAY
variable.
What should I set DISPLAY to?

Note, I have a writeable image and keep the device up to date (to
rc-proposed) this way:
sudo touch /userdata/.writable_image # reboot
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ci-train-ppa-service/stable-phone-overlay
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

Thanks for any help in advance,
Laszlo

Follow ups