Re: Xenial (16.04) Status on Touch

Hi Yc,

Thanks for the feedback, good to know what was the purpose of the staging
channel.

I did some experiments yesterday:

1. Tried ubuntu-touch/staging/ubuntu: It doesn't boot.

2. Tried ubuntu-touch/devel: It doesboot, is xenial but the latest image is
from 2016-02. Tried to install my app using the 15.04 framework and it
fails due to invalid apparmor (probably infebruary this framework didn't
exist, and the 14.10 framework uses apparmor 1.2, while now its 1.3). Didnt
try that yet.

3. Tried the latest img of devel-proposed: As expected, doesnt boot and is
probably based on the current devel ubuntu zitsy?

4. Tried the oldest img of devel-proposed: Probably based on yaketty and
doesnt boot.

5. Tried rc-proposed, does boot, looks nice but qt version is the same as
stable, so my app doesnt work.

Should I expect the apparmor trick to work on (2)?

Is there a recommended way to push a newer version of qt to rc-proposed?

Is there a way to update devel?  (On (2) I tried writable fs, apt
dist-upgrade, but then it doesnt boot).

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Felipe.