Viewing larger images from MMS no longer works?

Hello list,

I'm on mako rc-proposed. I remember awhile (few weeks?) ago I was able
to view large/full images by tapping smaller MMS previews in Messaging
app thread view. Then from there I could zoom in/out/save/etc.

Tapping on MMS image previews no longer has any effect, however. I've
tried this on multiple contacts threads - the behavior is the same for
both sent and received MMS images.

I don't know exactly when it broke. Is anyone else experiencing this
issue, or possibly has a workaround or a solution to get the full image
view back?

Thank you!

Follow ups