Re: Battery statistics and flashing bricks

Le 14/01/2017 à 16:34, Matthias Apitz a écrit :
On Saturday, 14 January 2017 14:49:47 CET, Guillaume F <marsguo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I decided to buy a new battery, thinking the one in my phone was damaged. But my phone continues to behave in the exact same way after the replacement (with the exception of my very first full discharge, which went quite normally). ...

Hello,

Two questions on this:

Is the swap of the battery a difficult thing?

Is it possible to attach addition wires, in parallel and inline, to attach meters outside the device while using or charging?

I think, we need an independent measurement of the energy in/out to understand if the battery firmware or the kernel software is broken.

matthias

Hello Matthias,

Changing the battery is easy enough. The battery is wrapped in some sort of plastic bag which is glued to the main body of the phone. There's some sort of strip that you have to plug in the circuit (I don't know the right words in English!). However, you do have to have the right tools. I used a guitar pick and the tiniest screwdriver I could find.

I followed some tutorials on YouTube, here is one (there are others, easy to find):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6UrHJeBLNk

It might be clearer if you look at the video.

As for your suggestion, I'm afraid it far exceeds my meager skills and field of knowledge, so I'll let someone else answer!

Guillaume