Re: Extending Ubuntu Touch's System Settings

> > On Jan 12, 2017, at 2:33 PM, Michael Hildebrandt <odembuba@xxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > Ubuntu Touch aims among others at integrating core system functions into
> System Settings menus rather than relying on external apps. So far, a "VPN"
> menu was added to System Settings rendering installation of a respective
> app redundant.

​Hi Michael,

Ubuntu System Settings (USS) was actually designed for this purpose: allow
external software vendors to install *plugins*​

​that ​USS would display alongside the default plugins (VPN, Cellular, etc).

Currently, however, you need to get a debian package that installs the
correct files into Ubuntu's archive, which has some requirements. As USS
moves to provide System Settings for snappy-based systems, a new approach
is needed, which most likely will be .snap based. I'm afraid I don't know
more than that, though.

It's a great idea, just wanted to give you some background.

Best,
Jonas