Publishing Systemd App Launching

Hello,

Currently the silo that changes Ubuntu App Launch over to supporting
systemd is publishing. This means that all of your applications will
start running as systemd jobs instead of Upstart jobs. I imagine most
people were expecting this to happen as it puts us on pace to remove
Upstart and Click from Zesty images. But I wanted to put a note here
for application developers because:

YOUR APPLICATION LOGS MOVED!

So if you're debugging your application typically you'd find its output
in ~/.cache/upstart/application*log, that will no longer be the case.
Systemd puts all of its logs into journald, a database of log files.
It's pretty cool, you should spend some time playing with it as it
allows you to compare logs from multiple sources (probably for app
developers unity8 logs are also interesting, but they're not yet in
journald). So just to boot strap your usage your logs are basically
available by querying journald:

$ journalctl --user-unit ubuntu-app-launch-application-*.service

You'll probably want to tab complete that * stuff, but it'll vary based
on your application.

Ted
##SELECTION_END##