Re: sms vanished

The exact same thing happened to me a few months ago.

It only showed up in notifications.
It was nowhere to be found in the messaging app, nor was it anywhere in the
database.

One explanation suggested to me is that I received a Ghost SMS, which it
clearly wasn't one.

I was fortunate in that I knew who sent me the SMS and I requested that
they send me the SMS again.

Hope you can get your SMS resent to you.

Best of luck,

Marcin